We are working on some exciting virtual workshops. Check back here soon for dates and more information!
CALL FOR PRESENTERS!
Red Wiggler Community Farm participated at Pasa Sustainable Agriculture's 2021 Virtual Sustainable Agriculture Conference. The 2021 Virtual Sustainable Agriculture Conference was held from January 19, 2021 - February 5, 2021. Pasa's annual Sustainable Agriculture Conference is one of the largest gatherings of sustainable farmers, food system professionals, and changemakers in the nation. The 2021 conference featured 90+ sessions and 100+ speakers. Click here to learn more about Pasa Sustainable Agriculture's 2021 Virtual Sustainable Agriculture Conference.
During the virtual conference, Andrea Barnhart, Care Farming Network's Project Manager, conducted a session called "Matching Abilities to Farm Jobs and Task." In this session, Andrea discussed key aspects of managing daily tasks within an inclusive environment of employees and volunteers and shared the model Red Wiggler has developed, which hold potential for application in other inclusive settings. Check out the video to learn more.
MID-ATLANTIC CARE FARMING SUMMIT
On October 16th, 2018, Red Wiggler Community Farm, in partnership with Future Harvest: Chesapeake Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture, produced the first-ever Mid-Atlantic Care Farming Summit, on Red Wiggler's campus in Germantown, Maryland.
Red Wiggler identified 19 farms from 6 different states in America and Italy that work specifically with adults with developmental disabilities. Until recently, space for these outfits to come together to learn from each other and advance the field did not exist. While each organization is different, each has similar struggles. We benefited immensely from this day of sharing information around issues of vocational training, horticulture therapy, training staff, and building an inclusive community.
Visit our guests' sites to learn more about the incredible work they're doing in the region:
- A Farm Less Ordinary from Bluemont, VA
- Langton Green Inc from Annapolis, MD
- Arcadia Food Inc from Washington, DC
- Blawesome, LLC from Chapel Hill, NC
- Living Classrooms Foundation from Baltimore, MD
- Camphill Kimberton Village from Kimberton, PA
- Loaves and Fishes Farm from Harrisburg, PA
- Charles River Center from Wellesley, MA
- Lynchburg Grows from Lynchburg, VA
- Cura Personalis Project from Brookeville, MD
- Peacehaven Community Farm from Whitsett, NC
- Five Elements Farm from Worthington, PA
- La Lanterna di Diogene from Bomporto, Italy
- Full Pocket Farm from Montpelier, VA
- Talmar, Inc from Baltimore, MD
- Homefields from Millersville, PA
- Left Foot Organics from Olympia, WA
- Upcounty Community Resources from Germantown, MD